Monday, November 8, 2010

The Joys of Being Sick

Ok, so being sick stinks. And after week of constant tiredness and endless coughing, I'll be glad when I'm finally feeling back to 100%. But today was a decent day--got a lot of emails sent, dealt with things I've been avoiding for a while. But the true test will come once I finish this blog post and get back to the one kind of homework that I can't fake with a cold:

Singing.

Now, because I'm enrolled in both a choir class and a musical theatre class, not to mention independent voice lessons, singing is kind of important. I kind of need to be able to sing to get the work done. I managed to get through an entire weekend of shows while fighting back a cough--apparently you couldn't tell when I was onstage, which was a relief! It's nice to know that if I have to, I can still perform, even if I'm not 100% in real life. But only if I know that the rest of my evening will be spent in a nice sleepy relaxed state. And I got through the week by just not singing in-class, which was fine. But I want to know my music and I want to work on my next song, which means I need to be able to get through it without coughing up a lung.

Wish me luck, invisible blog-readers!

1 comment:

  1. Are you talking about me (invisible blog-reader)? Good Luck and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete