Thursday, September 30, 2010

Reasons Why Today is a Good Day

1) I won a dollar in my musical theatre class for being able to name the most Rogers and Hammerstein musicals. Silly, yes, but exciting nonetheless!

2) Had a sub in for our theatre in education class. I had tried to do the reading for the class but only got through half of it, so I was worried that it'd be really boring. But it was actually fascinating and I definitely feel a lot more inquisitive about education in general. And I'm excited to discuss it again on Tuesday.

3) Set up an interview meeting for my internship midterm, which had been weighing on my mind a bit (get it done, Katherine, just get it done!). So there's a load off my back.

4) I got a little solo in my choir class! For a more belty-number, which is rather exciting. Not huge by any means (it's choir class, not solo-class) but I'm excited nevertheless. And this is after we did a couple of quartets testing if people knew the music. Only 2 groups went up... and of course I was one of them. And it was a part I knew. Yet I got it wrong... but I know it! And I never get it wrong when we actually sing together. My nerves got ahead of me. The funny thing is, the teacher corrected me after and I said "I know it, I swear," and all the girls in front of me nodded. So clearly they hear me... and they hear that I do it correctly most of the time.

Yes. I sing loud. I admit it! But it's good, I'd say.

5) We celebrated someone's birthday in choir today... which meant WE GOT CAKE. YUMMY!!

6) I did a marketing research lab for my marketing class today. Super simple, mostly just quizzes for opinions, nothing exciting. But one of the labs was for soda brands which meant we got to drink sodas. And I haven't had a ton of soda recently (trying to cut back and all that jazz--and it's working. Apparently I've lost 8lbs since school started. And other than my yoga class and biking around campus, I've kind of stopped working out since classes began. No time. But yay anyway!), so I was excited. I got a Shasta cola. Apparently there were also Cokes as well, but I didn't get that one. I was a little bummed about that.

Clearly, I've got a very strong case of brand loyalty there. And I admit it! Kind of sad though.

And last, but definitely not least...

7) MY PARENTS ARE IN TOWN!!

I'm SO EXCITED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment