Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December Update

It's been a few weeks since I've updated this little blog, and I've had a lot happen in that time. So here's a quick recap of the last few weeks, as I continue to procrastinate on studying for finals.

1) Spider Baby closed. This is a biggie. After what essentially was this entire year of my life (ever since March!), I finally finished the show. I'm certainly sad that it's over--after all that time, you grow to love each other--but at the same time, I'm ready to move on. I learned a lot from the show though. Things about myself and what my standards are, what I'm willing to put up with, what kind of people I want to surround myself with, other important things. How to act to a house of 5 people. This was my first experience performing in a show that was entirely composed of adults. No kids, very few college students. It was certainly an eye-opening experience, one which I'm thrilled to have had. I have my first LA credit, toured internationally, and recorded my first official cast album. Despite all the insanity, that's pretty cool.

2) The semester ended, and what a relief! The last few weeks of school were really zany, what with projects and concerts and other things that just took up a lot of time. It's Tuesday and I'm still recovering from the last few weeks. It's nice to begin finals, only because it means I get a chance to recover and rest a bit. Today, for example, I slept for 12 hours and then had an easy start to the day. And though it wasn't as productive as it might have been, it was a severe change from this whole semester.

3) CTG internship ended. This one's a bummer. I had a ton of fun and learned a lot about theatre and the workplace. It also helped me figure out a lot of answers to questions I didn't know I had about what kinds of things I want to do after college. And although the internship is over, I'm eager to remain part of the CTG family and continue to stay in touch with the people I've met. Technically, I finished my internship last Friday but was already back on Tuesday for one final Brown Bag lunch meeting (with the artistic director! So cool!!), and I'm going back next week to observe an event within another one of the departments. Even though at first I wasn't sure if I wanted an internship this semester, I'm really glad I did. It was definitely a great experience and has opened up a lot of doors that I wouldn't have otherwise.

4) Really looking forward to the next step: what I want to do, where I want to live, and how I can make those things happen. I don't have any answers yet--I have a few ideas, but even those are rather vague. But now it's all about volunteering and networking and researching. Even though the semester is over, I've already made a few leads and am excited to keep working on my journey. (That sounds so pompous and ridiculous but I don't care!) But first... finals. And then some audition prep for shows for next semester. And WINTER BREAK! And SKIING!

2010: a year of major change.
2011: another year of change, of a very different variety. But because I got through this year, I'll be better equipped to deal with whatever comes next.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! You certainly have experienced a lot in the past year. I like your positive spin on everything.

    Can't wait to see you on the 18th!!

    ReplyDelete