Sunday, January 24, 2010

Anything Goes

I had my first rehearsal for Anything Goes yesterday morning. It went well enough--was pretty much just comprised of introducing ourselves to the rest of the cast and reading through the script. Not that exciting. I'm an ensemble member and Luke--one of the Chinese brothers. Oh irony of ironies. I'm the Asian one.

First real rehearsal is on Tuesday evening, where we're doing some dancing. I'm looking forward to doing some dancing! I haven't done real dancing in a very long time.

For those interested, the show's at Westminster Community Theatre. It performs March 12-27, Friday Saturday and Sundays. Their website is http://www.wctstage.org/ if you want more info.

The auditions themselves were interesting. I went in with no expectations--I'd never heard of the place, so I had no idea what to expect. Auditions were held in the theatre, and we all sat around and watched everyone else do their auditions too. It was extremely informal. Then we all did the dance section, which was tapping. It was fun, just because I hadn't tapped in a really long time, so it was good review.

They had me stay around to do a callback for one of the characters. It went well enough, though I didn't get it in the end. Got in the show though, so hooray!

The only issue is that it's really far away from USC. I don't mind driving a long way, since the way my schedule is set up is that I am done with classes really early every day (by 12pm M-W, by 5pm Thursday and no class on Friday), but it's a lot of miles to go there and back. So we shall see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment