Sunday, October 18, 2009

Exhausted

Well I think it's official: I'm completely exhausted. This weekend has been really intense.

Friday I had my chinese class on Facebook (literally. The members of my class just posted things in chinese on my teacher's wall), then had an Experimentals rehearsal (we've finished Bat Boy and moved on to a new show: Company!!) and then drove 4 hours to Big Bear for KP Retreat. In the dark. By myself. And the last 20 miles of the drive to Big Bear are the most insanely twisty roads ever. It was terrible!!!

Got to the cabin and, after settling down, we rehearsed a bit and hung out for a while. It was fun. Then I ended up watching Balto with a few members, and then I went to sleep. But not for long, because I had to get up at 9 (and trust me, I didn't go to bed until way late) to drive back to USC for an Experimentals rehearsal at 11:45. That went until 5:30. We learned "Drive a Person Crazy," which I'm singing again from the PYT Alumni Show 2 years ago. The exact same part. It makes it an easy learn, although our musical director is a bit more specific on where we cut off notes and how we sing certain sections, so it's still stuff to work on. Then I came home, watched TV a bit, and went to see MTR's See What I Wanna See, which was really well done. I really enjoyed it, even though I was so exhausted from my >5 hours of sleep that I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. But the production was extremely strong, the actors were all very talented and I liked the stylistic elements that were incorporated into the show. Yay!!! Then I came home and got myself to bed.

Today I went to Disneyland!! It was supposed to be an Experimentals class trip, but it ended up being just me, one guy from the class and his friend. It was still fun though. Disneyland was covered in pumpkins =). We went on a lot of rides that I haven't been on in years (or ever--did you know there was a Winnie the Pooh ride??? I didn't!). The highlight was the Haunted Mansion, which was all decked out in Nightmare Before Christmas things. It was really cool. Then we went over to California Adventure and went on the Toy Story ride and the crazy rocking ferris wheel, both of which I really enjoyed. Then we drove home! And I fell asleep in the car =). So now it's time to get some homework done. And laundry. Considering I literally have no clean shirts... it's time for laundry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment