Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Radio is Dumb

Apparently it's been almost a year since my last blog spot. Oops... Well, I hope the following story is worth the wait! (Spoiler alert: it's not.)

When driving to the theater for work this morning, I was turning onto Manet Drive and the song "Thrift Shop" started on the radio. Not my favorite song, but I was almost at work so I left it. Got to the theater, did 2 shows, drove home for lunch. Driving back to the theater, I was listening to the same radio station, and just as I was turning onto Manet Drive, guess which song popped up again.

It also started playing as I was driving on Manet Drive as I was heading home after this afternoon's rehearsal.

And then, when driving to meet a friend for dinner, I turned on the radio and guess what song was playing....

If you're about to guess "Thrift Shop," you're wrong. It was "Good Time." Another poppy song, which I like a teeny bit more than "Thrift Shop." I'm not crazy about it, but I gave it a listen anyway, and only changed the station after it went to commercial.

Very next station was ending some random, inconsequential song... and immediately went into "Good Time."

Moral of the story: next time, just listen to my iPod!

No comments:

Post a Comment